Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sugar-Free Rich Tea Biscuits

I absolutely stole this recipe from here. Patricia cooks the lovelies vegan, sugar-free food. I've been trying to get my hands on a good sugar-free biscuit recipe for ages. Although I'm trying to keep Izzie's tastebuds away from too much sweetness, a dry starchy snack can come in handy, especially when we are out and need to minimise the mess.

They're also so easy to make. We made big ones and also little ones for tiny hands, therefore, I can't tell you exactly how many this recipe yields but according to Patricia, it makes 550 g!

Vegan Wholewheat Sugar-Free Rich Tea Biscuits by Patricia is Cooking.

Ingredients:

325 g of Wholewheat Flour
125 g of Dates
125 g of Olive Oil
45 g of Cream (we used Oat Cream)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 pinch of Salt
Milk as needed

Preparation:

Pre-heat the oven to 180ยบ C.

Using a food processor, mix the dates with the flour and baking powder. I started off by blitzing the dates with my handheld blender as my food processor jug was too big to ensure the dates were well minced.

Once the dates are well mixed with the flour, add the remaining ingredients apart from the milk. If your mixture seems too dry, then add some milk. You want the mixture to not spring back when you poke it.

Using a rolling pin, stretch the dough until it's just about 2 or 3 mm thick and cut into shapes using a cookie cutter or a glass. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The thinner you cut them, the crispier they will be.




No comments:

Post a Comment